Good Day Sweetie Peeps! Quite the post title, huh?? Well its been quite the week so far around my house so a dramatically long post title seemed fitting.
Baby Girl took a horrendous blow to the head at school on Monday. Diagnosis? Yep, you guessed it - concussion. :( She is okay, still feeling effects from it but will heal completely in time. Her feelings are more of devastation at this point because she will miss out on playing with her traveling competitive softball team that has games and a tournament coming up - it means the world to her. She means the world to me and is okay - that is what matters most! Tough to tell a teen though ;)
Mama Lessons Learned:
- Your teen will delight and embrace cuddles when stuff like this goes down - embrace them too!
- Help your child understand accidents happen and teach forgiveness through it
- Kindly remind the school it is their duty to send children to see a nurse whether the child thinks they need to or not
- A teacher may call and amaze you with their genuine words of support, prayer, and love for your child
- Focus on the blessings
|The lovely Nabon created this week's sketch.|
A new sketch is up at Skissedilla. Been there since Sunday - have you seen all the inspiration? New DT friends too?? Lots of fun and a couple of ways to win a RAKs - be sure to check it out - there are two posts. One with the sketch and with the new DT announcement. Hope you play along! :D
My crazy busy take. Ha!
- the colors - really feeling this combo, wasn't sure at first but will use it again
- the deer...sigh I love them and am so happy to have this die!!!
- the picture - what a crazy beautiful sunset we had on this particular evening
- the ScrapFX chipboard title - I really wish you could see the altering to it better
- the black gesso painting, oozy drippage from various mediums and watercolors, and stenciling
- the clouds - ugh! as much as I adore my clouds - as you can see in my previous post every project had them I believe - LOL - these just aren't cutting it for me, they're too bright and I couldn't tone them down without making a complete mess so whats done is done.
- the blank paper to the right of the photo in the frame - I really want to journal there but am highly unsure of how it will look, so there it sits blank
- the word love being written backwords - this is actually an embossed stenciled piece from Ronda Palazarri's Pie Chart stencil so it came out the wrong way - it works but I'm meh about it
A winner!!! Before I tell you who lucky number 5 is I have to say thank you so very much to each and every one of you that visited my blog during the ScrapFX DT Intro Hop. You all were so kind and left me such wonderful, supportive comments. I must admit I was a tad nervous putting myself out there, I'm kind of shy by nature.
- To know I inspire you - spectacular and humbling.
- To know I have prayer support from some of you amazing and awesome! Truly thank you.
- To know I have some of you saying shake your biscuits - totally funny and makes me smile from ear to ear!!!
Number 5 was (this is taking fellow DT members out of the comments):